Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Silences of Knowing by Meagera Recca


The sky is so blue
And the ground is wet with the smell of rain
The rich earth and concrete
And sun
In front of the doors
Two sets
Cool glass and metal
A barrier?
No,
A gateway
I step through
The first
The scent of spring still present
But different
I step through the second doors
Inhale
The scent has changed
Dry
The sun
The warmth
Shines through the glass behind me
The dry smell is both crisp and musty
New and old
Cardboard and wood
Cream and grass
Paper
And Ink
All the kingdoms of the world before me
Around me a low murmur
More calming than silence
And beneath my feet the carpet gives slightly
As I walk forward
The well-lit forest of knowledge before me
Welcoming me again






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and inappropriate remarks removed at the discretion of the blog administrator. Respect.