Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Hunted by Hayden Larsen

 It is coming! Running as fast as the wind blows, I cry out as I run through the streets. hoping beyond hopes that my screams will be heard and save me from the thing that is after me.

As I am running I hear a horrible scream of maniacal laughter mixed with the sound of the pattering of clawed feet behind me. As I run down a dark ally in hopes of evading “The Being” behind me, my hopes are shattered as I see to my horror I have came across a dead end. No one will ever find me–even my very bones will not be found. The only one that will know is himThe Eye.

As I turn around to face the nightmare behind me I see nothing at first, then a shadow comes across the ally as I finally see what I have been running from.

The Being stands seven-feet tall on two muscular legs housing three clawed feet.  The creature's head is hideously deformed and dome shaped, but that is not what startled me the most, as the eye that is filled with both insanity, and pure evil, but there is also a light in its eye that suggested that its life is made up of tragedy and horror. The wide mouth that is filled with razor sharp thin, needle-like teeth.  The mouth is almost transfixed into a psychotic smile and its two long extremely muscular arms that house four long dagger-like claws that could rip a man in two with incredible ease, and the long sharp spike on each of its elbows....
The Being’s flesh is covered with crusty blood red flesh that has an assortment of scars on its chest and a long scar across his eye. The eye fixates on me now, staring into my soul. The creature’s mouth changes into an evil smile as it takes one step closer, and another, and yet another. Its shuffling changes into a run, then bounding, jumping in the air, grabbing with its long talons onto the concrete walls that sandwich both of us, and repeating the same technique as it bounces from wall to wall, all the while laughing manically.  
I have no time to scream, I grope around for a door handle and hidden passageway to escape the fate that awaits me. I find none. I close my eyes as if that could save me from my fate as the creature leaps toward me, talons shining in the moonlight.     
Then suddenly the beast speaks in a voice that sounds like two people talking at the same time, in an eerie echoing voice. "You really think that you could run away without me knowing! Now that's sad. Now I'm going to kill you now and no one will ever mourn you."  
After the creature says this it lets out a maniacal laughter that sends chills to my very bones. Then suddenly there is a blinding flash of pain erupting from my chest, and then there is a blinding flash of light and a sense of comfort comes over me as I reach towards the light as it fades into permanent darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and inappropriate remarks removed at the discretion of the blog administrator. Respect.