Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cow Wrangling by Hayley Kau

It was a nice summer day that I was going to enjoy by just laying out in the sun, but I heard the four words I hate most: the cows are out.

It seems like every summer, at least one day out of every month, the cows break through the fence and go to our neighbor’s field.

This time, we had to go and saddle up the horses because the stupid cows were to far out to rescue on foot. I went out to the barn and got the horse I was going to ride. That horse's name was Rafeen. First, I had to haul the saddle and the saddle blanket from the truck all the way to the horses. The only person who was on foot was my dad. He brought a lasso. 

When we reached the heard there was this one cow who just keep running away. When my dad finally got that lasso around its neck, it took off–with my dad trying to hang on for dear life. It seemed like my dad was on water skis. I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my horse.  It took us a while, after that, to catch that cow.


2 comments:

  1. Hayley :) I love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Hay! Why didn't you submit this to Groundwaters! ??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and inappropriate remarks removed at the discretion of the blog administrator. Respect.